Tuesday 13 July 2010

"Where are you?" Smith, Delia

This blog title is direct quote from this pinnacle moment in footballing history



In these past few weeks I have been involved an eclectic array of projects, some being in the workshop, some on CAD, and others being out on site.

Firstly, the site work. Recently i have been involved with the construction of garden decking. One which was the standard 'play joinery' decking, bought from B&Q. Another being made from Larch, for a client who was the founder of 'AVAD Furniture', images of the work in progress can be seen below.




Finally the last bit of 'decking' was completed at the home of Sarah Staton where FinkFurniture installed a patio made of discarded tree trunks with a two tier, locally sourced Beech bench.

These funny little jobs were great experience in an area that I have never touched, and in doing so I met some fascinating people involved in the design/art industry and they have in turn given me more work. I should be posting the jobs on this Blog and my website as soon as I can.

Other than this, I completed an 'Off Cut' project for FinkFurniture. This project was a sustainability and a marketing exercise where we used the discarded 'waste' timber, left over from various projects, to create soap dishes, spatulas and chopping boards (which are all for sale). The products were designed by Finbarr Lucas and made by me. The materials are generally Ash, Beech and Oak and are finished with Linseed Oil.





There is more to come, stay tuned wood fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment